Assistant Dam Safety Engineer (71021839)
Job Posting: May 4, 2018 – Ongoing
Job Type: Engineering
Primary Location: US-CA-Rosemead
ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
Generation is responsible for the safe and reliable operation of Southern California Edison’s Generation assets. Which includes: hydro, solar, gas, combined cycle, and fuel cells.
The Assistant Dam Safety Engineer will perform technical studies, analyses and inspections under the direction of senior staff in support SCE’s commitment to safe and reliable operation of its hydropower assets. Key areas of responsibility include seismic hazard analysis, computer modeling, and risk assessment.
Perform technical analyses related to dam safety, focusing on hazards, performance, and risk under the direction of senior staff.
Prepare reports and briefings to meet internal and regulatory needs under the direction of senior staff.
Participate in field inspections of dams and appurtenant structures
Participate in meetings with state and federal regulators as a technical resource.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Geology, or technical field
- Zero to Three years of engineering experience
- Experience with Deterministic and Probabilistic Seismic Hazard Analysis
- Experience with Finite Element Modeling
- Experience with acquiring and processing field data for structural performance evaluation of dams
- Must be able to travel by foot distances of up to five miles at elevations up to 10,000 feet to access remote dam sites
- A valid driver’s license
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Geology, or technical field
- Demonstrated experience identifying and implementing technical solutions to evaluate the safety of dams
Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA, however, the successful candidate may also be asked to work for an extended amount of time at Hydro Electric facilities throughout SCE’s territory.
Position will require traveling and being out in the field throughout the SCE service territory up to 20% of the time.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply, please visit https://sce.taleo.net/careersection/sce_external_career_section/jobdetail.ftl?job=71021839