Transmission/Construction Project Manager II/Sr
At an Intermediate to Senior level, manages business, technology and/or construction projects. Delivers specified project requirements within the constraints of scope, quality, time, cost and meeting customer satisfaction requirements. Assists in the development of scope decomposition, budget and schedule. Coordinates project planning, resourcing, staffing, progress reporting and troubleshooting. Assists with delivery of project results in order to meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost. Assists with monitoring of performance. Solves technical and nontechnical problems throughout the life of the project, but tries to resolve problems during the design and planning phases whenever possible. Assists with coordination of work performed by internal resources and outside contractors as applicable to project. Provides timely and accurate information and status updates to project sponsors, end users and management. Develops and maintains project budgets and forecasts and evaluates how project plan changes impact cost and schedule. Utilizes discretion and independent judgment to determine an appropriate approach within general parameters and some guidance from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
- Promotes collaboration within project teams. Represents the PMO positively and with professionalism.
- Actively supports departmental continuous improvements.
- Assists with creation and execution of project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Manages projects of a smaller scale including project scope, schedule and budget. Insures that said projects are managed within the requirements of the PMO Governance Document, and all Board and Financial policies. Minimizes project exposure and risks.
- Minimizes project exposure to risks by identifying and managing project risks. Create, implement, and track mitigation and contingency strategies.
- Develops understanding of project objectives through discussions with stakeholders. Determines the appropriate resources necessary to execute the project, assembles project team and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Demonstrates understanding of the role and function of each team member and effectively coordinates the activities of the team.
- Provides input to all contracts, service agreements and statements of work necessary to accomplish the project.
- Develops and monitors the project budget and schedules. Resolves conflicts between resource limitations and project schedules. Obtains buy-in from stakeholders regarding budget and schedule. Negotiates with stakeholders regarding any changes to project parameters.
- Keeps stakeholders informed of progress against agreed upon scope, schedule and budget.
- Ensures projects are completed on time, within budget and that results meet requirements regarding technical quality and reliability.
- Travels independently or with a small team to project sites as needed.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.
Project Manager II
Six or more years of experience in project controls, project management or work package management. A degree(s) in project management, business, finance, economics, engineering, construction management, math, science, computer science, information technology or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
Project Manager Sr.
Nine or more years of experience in project controls, project management or work package management, including two or more years managing projects (including managing scope, schedule and budget). A degree(s) in project management, business, finance, economics, engineering, construction management, math, science, computer science, information technology or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.